Deactivating and restoring your carrier’s voicemail settings is sometimes easier to do by just calling your carrier
1. Call your phone company using their support line.
- Verizon Wireless (800) 922-0204
- Sprint (888) 211-4727
- AT&T (800) 331-0500
- T-Mobile (877) 453-1304
2. When a customer service agent asks what you need assistance with, tell them the following: “Hi, I have my calls forwarding to this number and don’t want them going there anymore. Can I cancel my call forwarding?” If they don't know what call forwarding is say it is the no answer/busy transfer number.
3. The customer service agent will restore your phone’s original voicemail settings.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Do NOT mention Touch Voicemail when speaking to your carrier because your carrier will then tell you that Touch Voicemail is not a part of their service and they will not be likely to help you if they think your issue is not carrier-related.
- If the person helping you doesn’t understand what you’re saying, simply ask to speak to a different representative (tier 2 technical support). Call forwarding is a standard carrier issue and there should be someone available that can easily assist you.